Interview Questions for Flipkart - IQCode
Flipkart Interview Questions
A total of 30 interview questions were found for Flipkart.
If you're seeking information on Flipkart and how to land your dream job there during placement season, you've come to the right place. Flipkart is an Indian E-commerce giant headquartered in Bangalore and founded in October 2007 by Sachin and Binny Bansal. Initially, it started as a basic online bookstore. Their first-ever sale was a book that was shipped to a young bookworm in Mahbubnagar.
Flipkart is known for constantly innovating and embracing their five core values: Customer First, Ownership, Bias for Action, Audacity, and Respect. These values make up the DNA of the organization, and employees who uphold these values receive rewards. If you're looking for a workplace with a focus on values and innovation, then Flipkart might be the place for you.
Flipkart Interview Guide
In this guide, we will cover several topics related to the interview process at Flipkart. We will go over the steps involved in the interview process, provide a sample coding question, offer tips for preparing for the interview and answer frequently asked questions. By the end of this guide, you should feel more confident and prepared for your interview at Flipkart. Let's get started!Flipkart Interview Process
If you're interested in working at Flipkart, let's take a look at the interview process for SDE (Software Development Engineer) positions - both for internships and full-time roles. In this article, you'll find a detailed process for each round, including tips to help you succeed.
Interview Process for an SDE Internship
Round 1: Online Coding Round
The first round consists of an online coding round with two basic data structures and algorithms related questions to be solved within a given time.
Round 2 & 3: Online Coding Round PS/DS (Problem Solving/Data Structures)
After the on-campus round, there will be two technical rounds focused on problem-solving and data structures. The interviewer will check your comfort level with data structures, algorithms, and related problem-solving. They will focus on your understanding of data structures like arrays, graphs, trees, tries, DP, recursion, linked list, stacks, and queues, maps, heaps, etc., and your approach to the problem.
The structure of the interview is as follows:
1. Understand the problem statement, don't hesitate to ask questions to the interviewer. 2. Come up with an approach to solve the problem, decide the algorithm or data structure to be used. 3. Ask for hints and clear your doubts whenever required, staying alert and proactive. 4. Discuss the time and space complexities of the code, talk about how the corner case scenarios are being handled in the code. 5. Be prepared to write a pseudo code in the format asked for.
Round 4: Hiring Manager Round
The final round will be a hiring manager round, conducted by an engineering manager of the team you're interviewing for. The interview criteria are focused upon checking how well you would fit in the Flipkart work culture and your communication, attitude, and other soft skills.
Tip: In order to ace this round, it is advisable to go through your resume in detail (especially the projects) and be true to yourself.
Interview Process for Full-Time SDE Positions
The interview process for full-time SDE positions consists of five rounds:
Round 1: Phone Screening
This is a specialized screening round, where you have a 60-minute conversation with the HR before coming for an on-site interview. The interviewer will primarily focus on your past work experience, job qualifications, and critical thinking questions specific to the job you're being interviewed for.
Round 2: Machine Coding
This round lasts about two hours and is one of the most crucial rounds of the interview process. During the pre-coding section, you'll be explained the low-level problem statement. In the coding section, you'll have to write the fully functional code, followed by a post-coding section where you'll be giving a demo of the program you've written. The interviewer will test the program for expected outputs.
Round 3: Problem Solving and Data Structures
The third round focuses on programming questions related to various data structures like arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, heap, hashmap, tree, and graph. The common topics include String Manipulation, Two Pointers, Searching, Sorting, Backtracking, Bit Manipulation, and Dynamic Programming.
Round 4: System Design Round
This round is only for senior SDE positions (SDE 2 and above). You will be asked to discuss a non-trivial design problem like ‘Design Twitter’ (System Design) or ‘Design a Parking Lot’ (OOD). Your solution should work in a distributed environment, leverage parallelism wherever possible, and handle concurrency.
Round 5: Managerial Round
The team manager/recruiting director conducts this round to assess your group fitment based on your experience, interests, and how well you fit into the company's work culture.
Topics to Brush Up Before the Interview
To prepare oneself for the interview process at Flipkart, it is advisable to
Flipkart Coding Questions
The following are some of the coding problems to be solved:
1. Gas Station<br> 2. Distribute Candy<br> 3. Min Sum Path in Matrix<br> 4. Edit Distance<br> 5. Window String<br> 6. Merge K Sorted Lists<br> 7. Allocate Books<br> 8. Design Twitter<br> 9. Length of Longest Subsequence<br> 10. Possibility of finishing all courses given pre-requisites
Each description is provided in the corresponding coding problem. These coding problems are given by Flipkart to test the coding skills of the candidates and help them to improve it further.
Tips for Flipkart Interview Preparation
Are you planning to appear for the Flipkart interview? Here are some tips to help you ace your interview:
- Practice your technical interview skills by referring to open-source platforms like IQCode, Leetcode, GeeksforGeeks, etc. This will help you be better prepared. - If the interview is virtual, make sure you have a good webcam and microphone. Sit in a quiet place without any background noise. In case any network issues arise, do not panic, they can be managed, or your interview can be rescheduled. - Prepare a brief introduction about yourself. You can include a short elevator pitch to give the interviewer an insight into your personality and skills. Remember that the company not only checks your technical skills but also your compatibility with the company culture. - Be prepared to answer questions from your resume or statement of purpose (if any). Questions could be related to your projects or past experiences, so be familiar with them, as you may be asked to write a small piece of code related to them. - Research Flipkart as much as possible. Gather information about their business, products, culture, and values, etc. - During the interview, think out loud. Your approach to finding a solution is just as important as getting to the right answer.
Best of luck with your interview!
1. How many interview rounds does Flipkart have?
There are typically three rounds for an SDE intern position and five rounds for full-time SDE positions at Flipkart.
2. How can I get a job at Flipkart or become a software engineer in Flipkart?
To get a job at Flipkart, follow the tips mentioned above. You can apply off-campus on their website, keep track of opportunities for college students on platforms such as LinkedIn and Dare2Compete. You can also get a referral from an existing employee. On-campus placements are the easiest way for students to get a job at Flipkart.
3. How can I apply for a job at Flipkart?
To apply for a job at Flipkart, watch out for various opportunities for college students on platforms like LinkedIn and Dare2Compete. You can also visit their company page to apply directly. Additionally, you can get a referral from an existing employee.
4. What is the salary of a software engineer in Flipkart?
The average annual salary of an SDE at Flipkart is 25 LPA. Here is the salary of SDE at Flipkart according to experience.
5. How can I prepare for Flipkart?
The information mentioned above is enough to crack an SDE internship/job at Flipkart. Additionally, regular coding practice, mock interviews, and preparation would increase your chances.
6. Is Flipkart a good company to work for?
Flipkart has an amazing work culture, ethics, and values. It is also one of the largest e-commerce establishments. Throughout the pandemic as well, they helped their employees at every stage. It is definitely one of the best companies to work for.
7. Why do you want to work for Flipkart?
Flipkart is one of the fastest-growing companies in India that offers a reliable working environment and numerous benefits. E-commerce is one of the most promising opportunities for the future, and Flipkart can offer a good learning experience.
8. What is the eligibility criteria for Flipkart?
The minimum qualification requirements for on-campus placements are BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech - CSE, IT, ECE with 60% or 6.5 GPA and above throughout without any running backlogs. People from any other branch with a knack for programming can apply as well.